The Gem Builder Difference-
things to think about for your future kitchen
- First Things First: Designing a kitchen for your home should be a fun and fulfilling experience. Whether you are simply replacing your counter tops, redoing your entire kitchen, or building a whole new home or addition, smart planning can help you get the best possible results.
- What’s Your Personal Kitchen Profile? When designing a kitchen, begin with an honest account. Ask yourself what you like and dislike about your present kitchen, are you full-time or occasional chef?
- Make a List and know your options: You should always make a list of the features and amenities you are certain you will need. This could include sinks, back-splashes, and sideboards etc. You will want to take careful measurements, have a floor plan of your kitchen, and those measurements handy when you talk to a repair professional.
- Know your O-custom lighting options: This is when talking to a professional is very important! What is going to be important to you and your new kitchen? What’s new in technology? There are custom lighting and L.E.D lighting, but what is the newest type of functions available for such lighting? What’s going to get you the most value for your investment? What Waller walls could be taken out? What type of overall investment are you looking at for your home? Your new kitchen? Is it time for an addition, or maybe an in-law suite? Would you be looking to incorporate a galley kitchenette in the new addition? These are all very valid questions to ask yourself when making these decisions.
- Know your options: It is best to talk to a professional who can guide you with proper planning with the same common goal in mind. You deserve a pat on the back for giving your remodeling project the critical advantage of some smart planning! Just think how it’s all going to pay off. You’re about to make your home in the kitchen, bathroom, remodel, or addition a model of beauty and functionality!
- The Gem Builders Team: It is knowing who to use for skill workmanship, subcontractors, plumbers, and electricians. Knowing the best design, type of materials, brands, cabinets, sinks, etc. We have taken the time to put a team together to ensure that our kitchens can be as high-end with designer appeal like anything you can find in a magazine! What’s most important is what works for you, your family, your budget, and your vision. We always put our quality work up against anybody in the industry because we stand behind our work and our promises 100%!
7 Must-knows about bathroom renovations
1. Bathroom Planner– Before calling us to do a bathroom remodel, you should first talk with everyone in your family that will be using this bathroom. Try to have a discussion about the fixtures, and finishes that should be used, and how you plan to budget all the wants or desires of your family members.
Budget is key when it comes to a renovation. We always suggest our clients have the funds available for the project itself, but to always have a little extra to the side to be used if only there are problems that arise. In the construction industry, we aren’t able to see what is behind your walls or bathtub that may be causing problems that is in dire need of fixing until we remove it. So, having a little bit of extra funds to fall back on is always best practice to save on added stress where it is not needed.
2. Floor Plans– We are always trying to make it as easy as possible to save you more money than you spend! A great way to do so during a renovation is to keep the bathroom’s existing plumbing. Of course, until we get into the space and start to demo out old fixtures, toilets, etc., keeping the old plumbing is ideal but, there could be some pipes or wires that are needing an update. If we happen to find any, we will do our best to keep costs low while still producing quality materials and workmanship to avoid further damage to the space to ensure your new bathroom is one you will love.
We have creative ways of opening up a space when sticking to the existing plumbing so that your bathroom still has that wow factor without looking like you only updated a cabinet or two.
3. Lighting Design- One of the best ways to bring that true elegance to your space is through the lighting fixtures and designs you choose. You can never make a bad choice when considering installing sufficient and luxurious bathroom lighting. Likewise, well-designed vanity lighting also helps to bring elegance, while serving as the best lighting for eliminating shadows while the women in the house do their make-up!
Overhead or Ambient Lighting? For bathrooms, overhead lighting is very important. As for ambient options, you can always consider the use of a sunken track lighting or frosted glass fixtures. Other great options are pendant and perimeter lighting. These allow for great for creating an illusion of a centerpiece on the ceiling while enhancing the light in the room in scattered areas as desired.
4. Bathroom Ventilation Solutions- Unfortunately, when it comes to bathroom remodeling, a lot of homeowners tend to neglect this aspect of the renovation. Gem Builders is aware of this neglect, so we always ensure that proper ventilation is put in place to to enable your new bathroom project to last for years! A bathroom that is not ventilated properly will leave chances for a breeding ground of mold, mildew, and excess moisture that can wreak havoc on your newly upgraded cabinets, tiles, floors, and your walls.
We will ensure that the best ventilation is put into your new bathroom so that these worries are non-existent when the job is done. All we ask is that you trust us when choosing the proper ventilation for the space provided so that your money will start working for you, and not against you.
5. Maximize Your Space- Try to use all the space of your bathroom as much as possible. If your bathroom is on the smaller side, we will unleash our creativity to produce more space within the room to ensure maximum storage and the illusion of a larger space than what is provided. For example, adding glass doors for your shower or tub is a great way to implement an illusion of a bigger space to open the room up! Another great way to maximize floor space is to bring your cabinets up on the walls, and installing a pedestal sink so we occupy as less floor space as possible to allow for more movement, or people to be in the bathroom all at once!
6. Pick timeless, yet durable flooring- Porcelain, ceramic, and stone tiles most certainly look beautiful and appeal to the eye. But, they also are water-resistant choices making them perfect for bathroom flooring. Although it may seem you’re spending more than what you desire on say a laminate tile for example, in the long run you will be saving yourself the hassle, time, and money of having someone come in to replace rotted or lifting tiles from water not being repelled from this kind of flooring. You will make back your money ten-fold by spending a few extra dollars on flooring designed for bathrooms specifically, we promise!
7. Keep the Future In Mind- For those of you thinking of putting your home up for sale say, five years from now, it is important to ensure the value of your property will increase over this time. Consider having your home renovated for this purpose alone, if no other. If however, you’re planning to live in your home for a couple of years, it is even more important that your desired design is something you will love, and will fit with your growing family, broadening styles, and preferences through the years. Let us help to ensure all of these things by allowing us to show you some of our most popular, and durable designs we have that enable our homeowner’s to love and want to be in their new bathrooms for years to come!